- Design-your-own kicks, Rugby shirts and Longchamp bags are old news, people. Check out the 1800 Tequila Web site and upload your own photo, art, or sketch for a customized bottle of the booze. Viva creatividad!
- Notice how the faces gracing fashion mags are looking more and more alien? Readers of Elle, Vogue and Marie Claire have commented on the magazines’ abuse of Photoshop. Among other crimes, photo editors once made Jessica Simpson appear like she only had one hip and rendered Reese Witherspoon dimpleless. In the words of Cindi Leive, editor of Glamour, “Artifice, in general, feels so five years ago.” [New York Times]
- If you find yourself exhausted but craving more music after Dillo Day activities, head downtown to theWit hotel, 201 N. State St., for new exhibition “Legends: The Artwork of Rock & Roll Royalty.” The soothing, newly opened hotel and artwork from greats such as John Lennon, Grace Slick and Jimi Hendrix will do a hangover good. [Chicago Tribune]
- Forbes has released a list of the world’s top-earning models. Gisele Bündchen holds the number one spot, earning $25 million. Heidi Klum, Kate Moss, Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes and Alessandra Ambrosio follow. Forbes notes that the modeling industry isn’t insulated from the recession. Gisele’s earned $10 million less than the previous fiscal year. Cry me a river, Bündchen. [Forbes]
- Design legend Christian Lacroix has filed for bankruptcy. Sadly, Lacroix is representative of a larger problem in the fashion industry. Word is Roberto Cavalli’s fashion empire is also slowly crumbling. Here’s to hoping Lacroix can pull it together and rescue the brand. [StyleList]
— Lauren Hazday