1. Picture your ideal girl, what is she wearing?
Burlap Sack (with arm and head hole) and diamond earrings?
2. I realize that men have no interest in telling women how to dress, but they do know what they like when they see it. With that being said, do you immediately factor in a woman’s personal style when debating whether she’s attractive?
I want to see her attire express something about herself. If the person she wants to be comes across in the types of clothes she’s wearing then I guess she has good style.
3. I know that in theatre, costumes play a large part in helping an actor solidify a character. Do you think that girls tap into certain “characters” when they get dressed? If so, is that something guys are into?
I’m not really into the whole role-playing thing.
4. Hot or Not
- Bomber jackets→ HOT. As long as it’s a girl that doesn’t take herself to seriously.
- Straight across bangs→ NOT. Sometimes it feels like their hair is attacking me.
- Thigh-high socks→ NOT. If they’ve made it that far up her leg why not go all the way and call them tights? Do girls’ upper thighs get really hot? I’m confused.
- Fedoras→ NOT. Unless she just finished shooting the new Ludacris video (in which case her dance skills will make up for the obnoxious hat).
- Printed tights→ Depends on the print. HOT: Marbles, Salvador Dali Paintings. NOT: Stripes, polka dots, Hello Kitty
- Jeggings→ Only if worn ironically.
- Cape jackets → HOT, but intimidating.
- Bodycon dresses→ SUPER HOT. ALWAYS.
- Shearling lined jackets/ boots→ HOT. Especially when worn inside out.
- Tiered ruffle tops→ HOT.
- Combat boots→ HOT. Especially when the girl has a weapon. But not with tiered ruffle tops.
- Feather earrings→ HOT but…this is a slippery slope. Why not just wear rabbit feet on your ears?
For the record, I had to google most of these things.
5. The Scenario: You’re at a theatre party and the theme is space safari. There are two girls at the party that you’ve always found attractive. One has really gotten into the theme and the other is wearing a simple/flattering black dress. Based on their fashion choices, which girl do you approach?
I go with the space girl who went all out. Miss “I’m too cool for party themes” needs to change her ‘tude. That tells me that she lacks both creativity and a sense of humor (two nice things for a girl to have). Also, she can’t follow directions. Also, she’s probably the stuck-up girl that no one likes very much.
6. Name one celebrity crush you have because (she’s attractive and) you admire her sense of style.
7. When it comes to make-up, do you prefer a natural look or made-up one?
Natural. Or maybe a little make-up. I feel like girls who wear too much make-up are trying to hide something from me. Probably because they are…with make-up. I feel like saying, “You know, I can see your face under there.” Girls are sexier when they own their natural looks.
8. What’s one thing NU women find trendy that you really hate?
I have two: Tall half-skinny quad shot lattes with whip from Norbucks and obsessive marriage-track college relationships.
9. Any final style advice for the NU ladies out there?
Stop worrying about it. Guys don’t know anything about clothes.
Drigan Lee is a great NU guy and friend to all women. Now go out there and WORK. IT. Ladies!